Carbon Fibre Bows
At Moseley Violins , we stock a range of carbon fibre bows to suit all players and levels, student to professional.
The process for making carbon fibre bows involves heating up long strands of fibres in an oxygen-less environment. Because there’s no oxygen, the fibres can’t burn and carbonisation occurs.
As a result carbon fibre bows has excellent material properties of:
- strength and robustness
- consistency in weight, balance and performance
The frogs are still usually made of ebony or other hardwoods and mounted in the same way to wooden sticks.
Horsetail hair is still used on most carbon fibre bows.
A selection of our carbon fibre bows are featured below – please check on availability, and make an appointment to visit to try them.
BRANDS (Price bands are approximate)
- £30 -£150: Primavera & Westbury Composite, Artino Composite, Hider ( Hidersine), MMX (China)
- £150 -£450: Orchestra & Glasser,
- £450 plus: Prodigy/ Diamond/ Luma/ Joule/ Marquise/ Infinity Revelation (USA) ,
- Jon Paul Carrera/ Muse (USA)
- Musing C2 C3 C4 & Arcus M4-M9/ S4-S9/P4-P9 (Germany),
DSA4 Coda “Diamond SX”. Full Size Violin Bow
CB152 Musing C3. Full Size Carbon Fibre Cello Bow
MV12/ 18 Pre-owned JonPaul “Muse”. Full size carbon fibre viola bow
JP901 JonPaul Carrera. Full Size Carbon Fibre Violin Bow
MV12/ 20B Pre-owned Arcus P5. Full Size Viola, carbon bow