NEW SLA4 Coda Luma carbon fibre violin bow
NEW ‘Coda Luma’ carbon fibre violin bow. Weight approx 58 grams. Ideal for players progressing through Intermediate / Advanced Grades 5 – 8.
The LUMA is influenced by the historic bows of Voirin, Lamy, and Thomassin and is a few grams lighter than its Coda DIAMOND bows.
- Streamlined Aero Xebony Frog
- Select 3-D Diamond Weaving
- Acoustic Core design
- Tone Colour: Shimmery, Warm
- Balance Profile: Centre-Frog Balanced
- Weight Profile: Medium-Light
- Action Profile: Moderate
- Stiffness Profile: Medium-Soft
- Graphite Diamond Weave: The Graphite Diamond Weave is woven in Codabow’s traditional design, to produce the highly sought balance between strength and balance. The fibres extend from the button to the tip of the bow, ensuring an evenness of balance across the entirety of the bow.
- Aero Design Xebony Frog: The Aero Design frog made by Walter Paulus, is made out of one of the only resourceful alternatives to the threatened supply of Ebony which has been named Xebony. This material provides a natural feel which continues to impress bow makers and performers alike. The Aero Design distributes the frog mass strategically across the bow shaft and offloads the hand while increasing the bow’s attack.
- Crafted from Xebony: XEBONY® is an elegant solution to the world’s endangered supply of instrument-grade Ebony. Comprised of organic fibres and resin, XEBONY® boasts a rich lustre and natural grain that impresses players and bow makers alike. Stronger and more durable than natural Ebony, XEBONY® offers improved performance while conserving our endangered resources.
- GlobalBow™: Contains no endangered, regulated, or monitored species (wildlife or fauna), and pass freely through international Customs so players avoid the travel concerns of traditional bows.
- Nickel Silver Fittings
- Silver Plated Winding
- Moroccan Leather Grip
- Fibre-Reinforced Composite Tip Plate
- Silver Medal Horsehair
After purchase, register this bow with the Coda company for a 10 year guarantee. See details here