Instrument Repairs and Restoration
We offer repair and restoration service for all players of bowed stringed instruments, based on over 40 years of experience.
We guarantee our workmanship. We aim for the highest standards and will seek to obtain the full potential of your instrument.
We offer a free assessment of your instrument and any work needed, which you can discuss with us before you give the go ahead for the work to be done.
Please phone or make an appointment to visit to discuss your needs.
We sell and fit Wittner geared pegs which make it easier to tune an instrument which is then more likely to stay in tune. Phone to find out more.
- Free routine check -up and advice (recommended annually)
- Free estimates and quotes for repair and restoration
- Setting up, adjustments and upgrading instruments to improve tone and playability
- Free fitting of strings (some exceptions) where strings are bought from us
- Cleaning, polishing instruments and minor touching-in of varnish
- Fitting of new parts such as pegs, fingerboards, bridges
- Gluing of seams, fingerboards and fractures
- Varnishing/ re-varnishing and oiling
- Instrument Restoration
- Structural conservation (i.e. new edges, purfling, corners, peg- hole bushing,)
- Major structural reconstruction (i.e.; new bass bar, reinforcing of fractures, sound-post patch, neck graft, edging, repair of cracks)
- Conversion to Baroque instrument
- Conversion for left-hand playing
- Fretted Instruments (lutes, guitars, mandolin, banjo, etc.)
- Major structural damage, re-fretting, rebuilding, action adjustments to set-up, neck resetting, refinishing etc by a qualified and experienced guitar maker.