CS9/ 72A Handmade by Anthony Perry, ‘Lord Wilton’ copy, Circa 1997. Check out the sound sample!
Copy of ‘Del Gesu – Lord Wilton’ circa 1742′. Circa 1997. ‘ Evah Pirazzy stings with a back length of 352mm. Labelled ‘Anthony Perry Maker Wolverhampton 1997’
Well-made violin. Two-piece maple back with wide grain and tight flame. Spruce front with fine grain. Ebony chinrest, Boxwood pegs, tailpiece and endpin. Golden amber varnish. With the stop length of 32.7 cm.
This is a COPY of a violin, made in 1742, in Cremona by the Italian luthier, Giuseppe Antonio Guarneri (1698–1744), often called Guarneri del Gesu. The original violin was named after Seymour Egerton, 4th Earl of Wilton a musician who owned the instrument in the 19th century. The original instrument was also owned and played by the celebrated violinist Yehudi Menuhin from 1978 to 1999.
English maker, Anthony Perry. has made over 80 violins and violas in a career spanning more than 40 years. He specialises in making full-size, but slightly smaller-proportioned, instruments (in terms of body and/or stop length), making them easier to play but losing none of the tonal quality of larger full-size instruments. The sound quality and responsiveness of his instruments is well-received by the professional players who work at Moseley Violins.